Advantages of fully waterproof 300A ESC with internal receiver MT300A-OPTO-SF-WP
(Scroll down to the end of the blog for coupon!)
1. To achieve the simplest external wiring, this ESC has integrated the voltage sampling of the main battery, motor phase wire RPM measurement, hall sensor RPM measurement with pull-up resistor, and DC-DC module(UBEC). You only need to connect the ESC 10 signal wires accordingly.
2. The 10 signal wires derived from the ESC have the functions of upgrading the firmware of the receiver, adjusting ESC parameters, two switches, hall RPM detction, etc. If you don't need these functions, these wires can be disconnected. But please keep the wires ends dry.
Here is details of each wires:
3. And here is default and recommended settings of ESC:
*ON-Sets the propeller to the brake position when the throttle stick at the minimum position
*OFF-Sets the propeller to freewheel when the throttle stick is at the minimum position. (Recommend this mode for efoil)
*NiCad/NiMH - Sets Low Voltage protection threshold for NiCad/NiMH cells.
*LiPo - Sets Low voltage protection threshold for LiPo cells and automatically detects the number of cells within the pack.
Note: Selecting the NiCad/NiMH option for the battery type, triggers the ESC to automatically set the cutoff threshold to the factory default of 60%. The cutoff threshold can then be subsequently altered through the Low Voltage protection function, if required. The ESC will read the initial voltage of the NiCad/NiMh pack once it is plugged in and the voltage read will then be used as a reference for the cutoff voltage threshold.
-Cut Off Voltage Thresold(Low Voltage Protection Threshold):
1) For Li-xx packs -number of cells are automatically calculated and requires no user input apart from defining the battery type. This ESC provides 3 setting options for the low voltage protection threshold ; 2.8V / 3.0V/ 3.2V.
For example : the voltage cutoff options for an 11.1V/ 3 cell Li-Po pack would be 8.4V/ 9.0V / 9.6V.
2) For Ni-xx packs -50%/60%/65% of the initial voltage of the battery pack.
For example: A fully charged 6 cell NiMh pack's voltage is 1.44V x 6=8.64V, when "50%" cutoff voltage is set, the cutoff voltage is: 8.64V x 50%=4.3V and when "65" is set, the cutoff voltage is now 8.64V X 65%=5.61V.
Recommend "2" for efoil/ surfboard/ boat using.
-Governor mode: Recommend "RPM OFF".
- SBEC voltage output: Only 5V is available.
-Motor rotation: Forward / Reverse
In most cases motor rotation is usually reversed by swapping two motor wires. However, in cases where the motor cables have been directly soldered the ESC cables, motor rotation can be reversed by changing the value of setting on the ESC.
Recommend 30% for safety using.
-Low Voltage Cutoff Type : Reduce Power / Hard cutoff
*Reduce Power –ESC reduces motor power when the pre-set Low Voltage Protection Threshold value is reached. (recommended)
*Hard Cutoff –ESC instantly cuts motor power when the pre-set Low Voltage Protection Threshold value is reached.
Coupon Code: 10%OFF
Valid before 25th Dec, 2019.